Email Offers

Orlando Travel Advice

Price Accuracy

Prices quoted throughout this website are subject to change and the holidays offered subject to availability.

Foreign Office Travel Advice

You will find everything you want to know about travel health topics here. It's the official government website for planning for healthy travelling and avoiding health risks.

Travel Insurance

Travel Trust Association

Sunshine Cruise Holidays Ltd, trading as Orlando 1st is a member of the Association of Travel Trust Association (R7942). Please click here to see the benefits of booking with an TTA bonded travel agent.

TTA Protection

When leaving our website and clicking on a link to one of our partners, we would like to advise you that TTA financial protection and customer service may not always apply.

ATOL Protected

The air holidays advertised on this website are ATOL protected by the Civil Aviation Authority and Sunshine Cruise Holidays Ltd trading online as acts as agent for licensed tour operators. Flight bookings are also ATOL protected except when tickets for scheduled flights are issued within 24 hours of payment being accepted, or where your payment is made direct to the airline. ATOL protection extends primarily to customers who book and pay in the UK. Click here to visit the ATOL website.

Passports and Visa

What documents are required for entry into the U.S.?

Following a review of security procedures at all airports in the USA, the US Immigration Department has updated its policy on passengers entering the United States using the current Visa Waiver Programme, of which the UK is a participant. All British passport holders will only be permitted to enter the United States if they hold a machine readable passport. The majority of 'new style' red British passports are machine readable, although those issued outside the UK or those not in the new style may not be. Should your passport not be machine readable it will be necessary to either obtain a new passport or to obtain a US visa.

To obtain an electronic authorisation simply log onto the ESTA Web site at and complete an on-line application form. Applications must be submitted prior to travel and the US Department of Homeland Security recommends that applications be submitted no less than 72 hours prior to travel. However, please note: Any travelers who are not authorised to travel to the USA using this system must obtain a nonimmigrant visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate before traveling to the USA and this should be done as soon as possible as applying for a US visa is/can be a very lengthy process.

All passengers entering the USA on the Visa Waiver Programme will be required to hold a machine readable passport (the newer red passports). This also includes passengers who only intend to transit the USA en route to another country.

- What is a machine readable passport?

An MRP has the holder’s personal details, e.g. name, date of birth, nationality and their passport number contained in two lines of text at the base of the photo page. A machine can read this text.

The UK have been issuing MRP's since 1988, however British passports issued overseas may not be machine readable.

- Are the entire 'new style' passports machine readable?

No. Although most of the 'new style' British passports issued in the UK since 1988 will be machine readable, those issued outside the UK may not be.

- How do I know if I have a machine readable passport?

There is a machine readable strip at the bottom of the data page. This means that the passport details can be read by a machine at Passport Control. If you are in doubt as to whether your passport is machine readable, you should contact the British Passport Office on 0870 521 0410 for further information.

- My child is on my passport. I was advised that this was valid for travel until my child reaches 16, or the passport expires but with the new US regulations do I need a new passport for my child?

Yes. You should obtain a new passport for your child. As machine readable passports typically have bio data for only one traveller in the machine readable zone, children will therefore require their own individual passports in order to travel visa free under the Visa Waiver Program.

- If I do not have a machine-readable passport, will I need to obtain a US visa?

You must either obtain a new machine readable passport and use the Visa Waiver Program, or apply for a US visa using your current passport. If you decide to obtain a new passport, we strongly recommend that you review the information on visa free travel to ensure that you are indeed eligible to travel visa free under the Visa Waiver Program.

Driving in the USA

In order to hire a car in the USA you will require a full, original UK driving license, and will require both parts of your license, i.e. the paper section as well as the card. Copies will not be accepted. You must be at least 21 years of age to hire a car in Florida. In USA, as in mainland Europe you drive on the right hand side however there are other driving rules that differ from Europe. Make sure you ask at the car rental desk for full details of driving laws and regulations when you collect your car.


Tipping is commonplace in most American restaurants, hotels and bars. The following are guidelines for the expected tip amounts; 15% is usual for service in a bar or restaurant and for a taxi whilst airport porters will expect $1 per bag and hotel chambermaids approx $1 per person per day. Make sure to check your bill at the end of a meal though as some restaurants will automatically add service charge for parties of 6 or more.

Smoking and Alcohol

The drinking laws are very strict in the USA with the minimum age for consuming alcohol being 21. It is common to be asked for ID even if you are over the age of 21 so take it as a compliment. We recommend you carry photo ID with you at all times so you will have no problems being allowed into bars.

Like in the UK smoking is not allowed inside so look out for the designated smoking areas before lighting up. If you are unsure it is always recommended to check first.

Credit Cards and Banking

Although all major credit cards are accepted throughout Florida we would recommend checking with your credit card provider if this is the first time you have used it abroad. There are ATM machines readily available but bear in mind depending on your bank these may charge you to withdrawn so always best to change your money into US $ before you travel

Special Needs / Disabled Travelers

Here at Orlando 1st we make sure all our customers feel welcome and valued, with that in mind please do inform your sales agent at the time of booking if you require any special arrangements or assistance. When you arrive in the USA you will find that all hotels, restaurants and attractions are extremely accommodating to customers with any special needs.

Useful Contacts

Emergency Contact – In an emergency dial 911

British Embassy in Orlando

200 South Orange Ave, Suite 2110
Florida 32801

Telephone: + 1 (407) 254-3300 (Main Switchboard)
+ 1 (212) 796-5773 (Visa's for the UK and Overseas Territories)
+ 1 (800) 630 3332 (Passport renewal information)
+ 1 (800) 462 2748 (Tourist information for those residing in the USA)
+ 1 (800) 997 6465 (Arrest Notification System - for use by Law Enforcement Authorities only)


Office hours:

Appointments available Monday to Friday from 9 am to midday and 2 pm to 4 pm local time. Telephone lines open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm local time (1:30pm to 9:30pm GMT)

Florida Tourist Board


Orlando International Airport:
Flight Information: Please Contact Airline
or call (407) 825-TIME (8463)

General Inquiries: (407) 825-2001
Lost & Found: (407) 825-2111
Paging System: (407) 825-2000

Miami International Airport:
Miami International Airport (MIA) offers 24/7/365 telephone hotline:
MIA Info Line: (305)876-7000

Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport:
Customers Services: 1 – 866 – I – FLY FLL

Orlando Sanford International Airport
Orlando Sanford International Airport
Sanford Airport Authority
1200 Red Cleveland Boulevard
Sanford, Florida 32773

Bookmark and Share
Secure online booking Secure online booking

Orlando1st is wholly owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Copyright © 2008 & Traveltek Ltd. All rights reserved. For your protection we are fully bonded members of the Travel Trust Association (R7942) & ATOL protected. IATA Accredited Agent The IATA accreditation is a formal recognition of travel agents / tour operators that are authorised to sell and issue international airline tickets.
Cruise1st licence number is IATA 9127911-2.